Monday, July 3, 2017

TAST - Wrapped Coral

So after a bit of a rough start Chicken Little 88 is done.  I was originally going to give the chicken hair and use the Wrapped Coral as plaits, but once I started it I hated it.  So I undid it.  Second try I decided I'd go with more of a hat approach and messed up the bend from the plait to the hat.  Third time was a charm though and if I do say so myself I reckon it looks pretty good.


I have realised that I am somehow a stitch behind in TAST they're up to stitch 89 already.  As I started from the list from the previous TAST round I've done some that aren't on the current TAST list and have always been a few 'ahead'.  But as I usually don't do the beaded version of a stitch  (because of my bead aversion haha)  I've gotten one behind - oh no!  As this round of TAST is only going up to 100 stitches I really want to finish with everyone else.  That and I may or may not have already picked out the chicken for number 100 haha.  

Anyway, so as well as whatever the new stitch is tomorrow, I'm also doing Italian Border stitch this week.  Link to the tutorial on Pintangle here.  I just have to hope now that Sharon doesn't pick that before we hit 100, otherwise I'll have to pick something else.  Italian border stitch is like Fly Stitch but instead of using a wee stitch to hold it down you use a French knot.  I've already managed to chicken-ify it so watch this space to see it in action.

Here's a picture of the stitch from Pintangle.


1 comment: