Monday, January 11, 2021

#52 tags - Week 2

So as I was a few days late to the party by the time I finished my first tag the second one was just being announced.

The prompt this week was Patchwork and it had to contain a Heart in a contrasting colour.  

Most of my hand sewing of late has been patching hubbys jeans.  You know the ones they wear when they're chopping down trees or working on the car or wading through crocodile infested swamps.  I have no idea what happens down near his man cave.  Anyway... I've been patching those for him.  On the other side of the fence my daughters jeans keep mysteriously getting holes in the knees, strategically and fashionably placed type holes.  Of course she has no idea how this happens - yeah right.  And this week I've sacrificed a pair of my old jeans to her to make denim shorts.  (And I lost a belt to help her hold them up, but thats not related to my patch.)

So patching jeans... lead me to denim and the spare legs I had left from my old jeans.  And multiple layers of denim to fix holes lead me to weave the denim into a patch.  

So heres tag number 2

Now I've got the bug again... so what to do for the rest of the week!?!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment