Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Isolated Stitches

Hi,  Well I had a bit of time over the weekend, finally, for some stitching.  And based on how much unpicking I did I probably should've gotten a lot further!  There is something about this project that just isn't filling me with the same sense of excitement I usually have with a project.  But it can't all be rainbows and unicorns right? 

I've done the next feather of his tail in arrowhead stitch, 2 strands with the pink and white. It doesn't look too bad in the photo but I pulled it out about 3 times as my arrowheads kept getting shallower and shallower as I went along.  I'm sure at the end of the day no-one will probably notice but me (or someone who embroiders themselves).

And I've begun on the third tail feather.  This one I'm going to fill in lengthways half orange and half yellow with long/short stitch and then use the background blue colour to do pistil stitch in a fanned shape down the tail. 

So yep, thats where I'm at.  Fingers crossed I can find some more time and motivation to do a bit more this week before yet another Beyond TAST challenge gets started.  I think I'm already 3 behind now.  Need to pick smaller projects for the challenges I think.  ðŸ˜€  And stop feeling so guilty when I get behind!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment