Thursday, November 16, 2017

So... What Next?

I've spent the last week full of a horrible cold, topped off with going back to work 3 days a week, a school athletics trip, sick animals and just generally feeling fed up.  Which is very naughty when really I'm very fortunate for all that I have.  Anyway, needless to say inspiration has again been lacking.  I don't know how many embroidery samplers I've looked at recently and not a single one has inspired me to make a start on my stitch book.  Or anything else for that matter.  And I find that just ends up with me feeling even more uninspired.

So what did I do? Well I went back through my Pinterest boards and had a look at the things that I've pinned on the basis that 'I like them' rather than 'I should try them'.  I'm not looking for another big project as I don't think I'm going to have time for awhile, but I need something that I can pick up and put down as required.  And something to stop me having to watch all the Car programs on the TV that hubby likes.  😊

So what did I decide?  Butterflies.  In particular stumpwork butterflies that will let me also practice needle painting.  I bought the A-Z of Stumpwork last year and worked through the various stitches. Made a mini stump work sampler just to try out the techniques.  I also did the Celeste Chalasani stump work Poppies project on Craftsy early this year which I enjoyed.  Of course there are the books by Jane Nicholas and some of those look amazing.  But anyway... yes butterflies! I'm going to make some butterflies.  Well I'm going to TRY and make some butterflies.  So watch this space, there could be another disaster happening any minute haha.

I think I'll start with a fairly simple shape, I quite like these ones below.  Fairly simple shape to start with and nothing too intricate colour wise.


Tea or Coffee is done!

So I think its come out OK, especially seeing it was just using up some scraps.  I do like the way the stems connect the various flowers.  I still don't like those big flowers, although I wish I had done the first two a bit more open like I did the third one.  And I think that bottom area is a bit light on colour variation, compared to the top half.  (shrug).  I think it looks better in real life than it does in the photo.  It is what it is, gave me something to keep me occupied and I learnt a few things.  Another piece for the drawer. 😝

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty good in the photo so it must rock in person. I've done very little stumpwork. Just a bug or two for a CQ piece. I'm interested to see how your butterflies turn out.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete