Saturday, January 9, 2021

New Year, New Challenge - #52tags - Week 1

Wow! Its been a whole year since I posted in this blog.  And its probably been about that long since I really did much in the creative space.  Actually thats not totally true, I did crochet over the winter, but I don't think you can count mending the dogs toys after she's yet again ripped poor Monkeys arm off or decided to disembowel poor Teddy.  But I haven't been embroidering.

However I have been looking for inspiration of late.  I really love the slow stitching type embroidery.  The lack of a plan, the collage type effect of the fabrics, the just 'let it take you where you end up' kind of thing. 

Anyhow I stumbled across Anne Brooke the other day and a couple of challenges she ran last year.  The sew for the soul bobbin and then the book as well.  These things are beautiful!  And she's just started a new challenge for 2021.  #52tagshannemade 52 tags (approx. 2 x 3 inches) and a prompt each week.  These are beautiful slow stitching type pieces of work that are then sewn to cardboard tags.  

So maybe just maybe I can do this miniature version until I pluck up the courage to launch into something bigger like the bobbin or the book.  I don't have a huge stash of fabric and I most certainly don't have a stash of pretty ribbons or lace laying around. (have you met me?!?! haha).  But as the remit is a tag and thats about it, I'm hoping I can work around those wee problems.

Week 1 - the prompt was 'All White' and here's mine.



Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment