Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Isolated Stitches

So I've made a decision.  I'm doing the 2nd of the Beyond TAST challenges - the Isolated stitches.  I found this crazy cool rooster below.


So I've made a start.  I'm using a mid blue fabric simply so I could still trace the image through it.

The Bullions look awful I know, they're going to get picked out.  I'll use them on one of the other feathers where they will be packed in tighter together.

The Bullions weren't floating my boat so I made a start on the other bits.  The original picture has 'cut out' areas which won't work so I'll fill those areas in and then stitch on top using a blue to match the background (as best I can).  Like that white section there, that will have detached chain on top of it I think.

I'm still not convinced this is going to work... but in the name of exploration we'll see.  If nothing else I'm learning something about bullions.  Like how NOT to do them! haha

I've not used this white pen before either... so fingers crossed it will wash out.  Its come out of the trial piece of fabric today but I've heard so many stories about these pens reappearing.  Not that I've had trouble with usual pen before and this is an Adger pen like that one so fingers crossed.


One Fish Two Fish

I've added my jellyfish, he doesn't look bad.  I couched down the tentacles and while its not perfect its OK.  So just got to finish off Herringbone and then I think I'm caught up.  Whoop whoop!

Thanks for stopping by 😀


1 comment: