Sunday, February 28, 2021

#52 tags - Week 9 - Bits, pieces and a gift

The theory with this weeks tag was that you should use something that was given to you and some bits and pieces.  What?!?!?!  Haha.

OK, so seeing I've been scrounging denim (or denim looking pieces) from my sisters.  My wee niece contributed a skirt and a pair of stripey shorts, neither actually denim but definitely denim looking.  So I used a stripe of each of those.  Plus some even-weave that her mum gave me (I think) so long ago.  That covered the gift bit.  Anne used a safety pin on her tag this week and I bought some wee black ones a few weeks back but haven't yet had a chance to use them - so perfect time to use those to cover the bits and pieces!!

Feels summery this one.

In other news I finished the piece for my little sister.  I think it looks better than my first slow stitch piece.  Maybe I learnt something the first time around? haha.  

The colours aren't right in this photo, the photo is a bit washed out.  The piece is about 4 inches wide and to be honest I didn't measure how long it is.  Anyway she assures me she loves it.  So phew!

There are some closer up shots down below if you're interested and the colours in those shots are truer to real life.

Thanks for stopping by!  😀






No comments:

Post a Comment