Sunday, July 22, 2018

Still here...

Hello.  Yes I'm still here, still crazy busy with work, school holidays and painting the lounge (yes still!).  But I am slowly progressing my layered piece.  I think I have done more stitching on my scrap cloth than I have the actual piece, seeing if this stitch will work or that one.

Anyway... here it is... I think my wee clover needs to come out, the colour is too un-naturally green.  So I'll redo that and put some more around about the place.  The whole thing doesn't look all that lichen-y, but I'm enjoying the lack of a plan and just winging it.



Speaking of lichen.... I stopped back at the Doctors the other day so I snapped a couple of pictures of the back fence (that I mentioned a while back covered in moss and lichen).  Its just a crappy old unloved iron fence but I do love how nature is doing its best to reclaim the wood.  I took the photos pretty quickly because I was worried the people living OVER the fence would think I was a weirdo taking pictures of their houses haha.  Who would've believed me when I said 'Oh no! I'm just taking pictures of the moss on the fence!' - of course you are Miss - NOT!!! 😆



I love that top photo.  No idea how to replicate it... but it still makes me happy.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I think I missed your last post. At first glance, this pic looks like you needle punched the green. Nature gives us beautiful and sometime ugly but pretty gifts that are hard to reproduce in art. I had to laugh at your neighbor/fence comment. We have privacy fence beyond our man made pond which is about 20 x 30 ft. When we got new neighbors I showed them the pond so they would know if they see me at the window for a long time, I am watching my pond not them.

    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete