Sunday, June 3, 2018

There's good news and theres bad news...

Shall we start with the good?  My isolated stitches rooster is finished!  the crowd goes wild (in my mind).  Yep he's done.  I'd like to say I used a gazillion different single stitches, but I haven't.  And the design I chose I think limited the stitch choice.  I'm sure we all remember those terrible bullions for a start!

So what have I used?  Detached chain, French knots, woven bar, arrowhead, pistil, and some...um I'm not sure if its still a picot if its attached or if its called something else?  Well whatever they're called I used some of those for his thighs.  So in the scheme of stepping outside of my comfort zone I think I did ok.  I also have long/short stitch, whipped chain, regular chain and some back stitch.  I don't believe I've done a project to date that has used as many different stitches as this one.  So I definitely think I can tick off having challenged myself.

Now to the bad news... my pen hasn't washed out.  Uh-oh.  Its a new white pen.  Same brand as I usually use, although I usually use the blue.  And yep I did trial it first on the piece of the fabric and yes it did wash out.  But today, its not washed out.  Is it just that its been on there too long?  I don't know.  Maybe its a knock off pen?  Possibly, I bought it off an auction site so you never know.

I'm not crushed about it though, which goes to show my heart hasn't been in this project as much as usual.  But that also isn't surprising considering how I have struggled with it.  I'll give him a more thorough wash tomorrow and see what happens.  Fingers crossed.

Somehow he hasn't acquired a name as he's been stitched.  So I think I'll call him 'Toast' cause the whole thing is toast if that pen isn't going to wash out!  ðŸ˜†

Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Funny that you didn't bond with this guy. He's so cool. Perhaps the Universe was aware of the white pen defect and would not let you put your heart in the project. I think he is lovely except for that stinking white pen.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe so... maybe so. Just so heartbreaking after all the effort that went into him. Especially when I did a test first of the pen. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete