Friday, April 27, 2018

Some progress..

Hi... Maybe that title is misleading... but then it doesn't say a LOT of progress does it? 😆

I've been busy with other things and I've been stalled.  What to do in that area of wonky bullion knots?!?  

But inspiration finally struck  - detached chain.  I've done it in a single strand which looks a bit sparse I think, but when I considered that the rest of the tail feathers could result in something quite busy I figured that I am at least on the right track with detached chain.  Whether I need to go back and pull them out again and replace them with two strands remains to be seen.  I guess I could also use the blue thread in between the coloured stitches as well to make it more 'complete' feather wise.  But I'll see as I go.  

Actually the more I think about it the more I like the idea of the blue between the coloured chains.  Blogging is actually quite helpful at times!

Anyway thats all I have for now.  I need to make the most of this quiet time and actually do some stitching.

Thanks for stopping by 😁


2 comments:

  1. I'm always blown away by your talent for using just the right stitch for each detail. Thanks for leaving a comment on my post. Do you know that you are a no-reply blogger?
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, you're too kind! I don't even know what a no reply blogger is? I know that I've only just recently been able to reply to peoples comments on my blog if thats what you mean. I spent an age googling how to and even when I found some way to supposedly do it, it still didn't work!! And then suddenly I can, no idea what happened. But I can comment now so I'm going with it :-)

    ReplyDelete