Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Nearly there...

Well he's nearly done.  Do those beautiful blogs that only ever show you a tiny little peak of the current project drive you crazy??  Well, they drive me crazy.  But I wanted to stop in and share my progress but he is so achingly close to completion that I'm going to do the dreaded 'sneak peak' thing. I'm sorry but he is SOOO close to done.

I spent quite a few hours in the weekend working on him.  I stitched and stitched trying to get him finished.  I stitched until I just couldn't see the difference between the colours any longer and this is all I have left.  Remembering he's only 10cm x 10 cm in his entirety.  So this little bit is probably just over 1 cm long and not quite 1 cm deep at the deepest point.  I was gutted!


But I'm so pleased I pushed past my fear with him.  

He's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.  So many times I've been bent over him thinking ohhh these colours don't work or the colour changes are too sharp.  The stitches are too uneven or they're too lumpy.  But sometimes you just need to step back a bit, put it down for a bit, walk away.  Take a photo even (which I'm finding is a great way to do it).  You need to stop being lost in the individual stitches and colours.  Step back and see the overall effect.  No-one (but you) is going to notice that you've got two identical length stitches side by side there instead of staggered a bit.  They're not going to notice that the colours don't look quite like the original picture cause they're not going to see the original picture.  And no-one is going to notice that your shading might be a bit wobbly in that spot, or that one, or even that one over there.  Because its not about the individual stitches or even this section over that section.  It's about creating something beautiful.

And while its harder to swallow, even if they do spot all those imperfections that I'm sure are there.  So what!  I'm super proud of him.  I think he looks fab.  What the heck do 'they' know anyway! 😏

Anyway I have tomorrow off work so fingers crossed I'll get him finished.  No chores until he's done!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I can't WAIT to see him and I totally appreciate your sneak peek. You have been most gracious in sharing your work. That peeky thing is what I hate about Instagram. You might get the picture, but you never get the story.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete