Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Beyond TAST - Running Stitch

Not a lot of progress on my beautiful rooster...  I've not had so much time the last week or so.  I stitched his cheek and then unpicked it all and re-did it... Then made a start of his wattle (?) and unpicked that too.  Sigh...  I'm not happy with the reds available from DMC for this project... but I've made a call, its what I've got so I'm running with it... (running, get it?? 😄).

I think I also spent a good bit of time procrastinating about it... I've discovered I have a bad habit of stopping a project when it gets to the bit where I'm likely to ruin it.  Which is ridiculous, its no good only half done, is it?  Sigh... so deep breath... onwards...

Anyway here he is.  Not sure how I managed to photograph him so wonky... just as well I'm not doing this for the fame and fortune, eh? 😆  Don't you just love those blogs with all the immaculate photos, the embroideries artfully placed in the shot, the teaser shots so you can't see the whole project until it completely done??  I do...  I love to look at the pretty pictures.  But if you're looking for that, you ain't gonna find it here haha.



TAST 2018

Well Miss P managed two weeks quite exuberantly, but is now flagging.  My sister gave her a HUGE box of threads and I thought that might get her all excited, and well it did she even got her sewing out.  But it didn't last long.  She says she's still keen but we're not seeing much stitching action.  Oh well.. it was nice while it lasted.

Exciting News

In June last year I was contacted by a lady from a quarterly Dutch cross stitch magazine who wanted to use one of my Chicken Little photos for an article they were writing about TAST.  Unfortunately she contacted me via Facebook messenger and because we weren't friends I didn't see the post until a month or more after she'd sent it.  I contacted her but of course it was too late.  Sigh.
But! She's contacted me again and apparently they're doing another article that they want to use one of my chickens for.  So exciting!! (and totally crazy at the same time).  The article isn't going to run until the June issue and they could of course change their mind about the photos they use or whatever.  But it was so nice just to be asked the first time, let alone then be asked a second time.  Whoop whoop!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. When I was participating in the Bead Journal Project, a Australian magazine contacted me to use on of my pieces. I was over the moon. I think it was about a year later that the article was published. It's pretty thrilling, isn't it!!

    This rooster is amazing. You are so darned creative to even think of doing this one.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete