Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hi!

This blog has been around since 2008 and never made it off the ground.  In fact I'm not sure if it will make it off the ground now either.  But only time will tell :-)

But as a little bit about me:

I'm currently participating in the TAST challenge over at Pintangle where I've been learning to embroider for the last year or so.  Pintangle is an awesome site run by Sharon Boggon and her stitch dictionary on the site is second to none!  SO many stitches listed, all with both written and photographic directions.  Sharon also runs a Facebook group for the TAST challenge.  The TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) challenge introduces a new stitch each Tuesday for members to have a go at.  Anyone who frequents Pintangle will know me as 'the chicken lady' because I make little embroideries with a chicken in it using the stitch of the week.  I'm currently up to 85 chickens I believe. (crazy I know!).  My album is here if you'd like to see my chickens.  Here is last weeks stitch Knotted Cable Chain.  I'm calling this one 'Ode to Miley'.  The knotted cable chain stitch is used for the chain link on the wrecking ball.  I used a bit of crayon to fill in the wrecking ball a bit (not sure I'm that keen on it, but I think it needed something)



Now that I'm feeling a little more confident with my embroidery skills I'm branching out a bit and trying different types, styles of embroidery.  I also crochet, knit and sew a bit so there may be a bit of that stuff on here too.

I'm currently trying some 'Encrusted Calico' or 'Encrusted Muslin' as the Americans call it apparently.   To me the two fabrics are VERY different so not sure what the Americans call Calico (note to self: must google that)... Anyway I'll post this and then do another post about the Encrusted Calico hopefully.

Ciao!









No comments:

Post a Comment